CHITOSAN NANOFIBER PRODUCTS
Chitosan nanofiber has enhanced attributes compared to chitosan, due to its extremely high surface area.
Chitosan nanofibers provide more adhesion as scaffold for cells and tissues at molecular level.
It is particularly suitable for stem cell and 3D cell/tissue researches.
The morphologic structure of chitosan nanofiber offers perfect surfaces for adhesion as well as proliferation of cells.
With the enhanced antimicrobial nature at nano level, chitosan nanofibers provide very stable environment for sensitive cell and tissue applications.
Chitosan nanofibers can easily be functionalized by active agents for desired applications.
Chitosan is an aminopolysaccharide produced by deacetylation of chitin which is a natural component found in shellfish, insects and mushrooms. Chitosan is a very preferrable biopolymer for tissue and scaffold applications due to its biocompatibiliy and biodegradability. These characteristics can be controlled by changing the molecular weight of chitosan. Chitosan is a natural antimicrobial and anti-hemorrhaging agent which is currently in use.
Chitosan Nanofiber products are offered as Coverslip, Multiwell PLate, Cell Culture Dish, Patch options.
Chitosan Nanofiber coated coverslip contains 0.1-0.2 mg nanofiber/cm fixed on one side of a coverslip.
Chitosan Nanofiber products are UV-sterilised and vacuum packaged.
The product expiration date is 1 year after the production, unless the sterilized packaged is open.
The product can be stored at room temperature.
Directions for use
For UV-sterilized chitosan nanofiber products:
1. Open the outer package.
2. Open the bag and the product is ready to use.
3. Use a tweezer to handle the coverslip products.
For ethanol-sterilized chitosan nanofiber products:
1. Open the package full with ethanol.
2. Use a tweezer to handle the coverslip products.
3. Allow the products to dry for a while.
4. After the product becomes white, it is ready to use.
1. Drug delivery studies can be conducted by chitosan nanofibers.
2. Schwann cell and primary mouse dorsal root ganglion firmly adhere to chitosan nanofibers.
3. Rat visceral fat cells are maintained by chitosan nanofibers.
4. Chitosan nanofibers can be used as tissue scaffolds with antimicrobial property.
1. Gold nanorods contained polyvinyl alcohol/chitosan nanofiber matrix for cell imaging and drug delivery, 2016. Materials Science&Engineering C-Materials for Biological Applications, 58, 1090-1097.
2. Enrichment of breast cancer stem-like cells by growth on electrospun polycaprolactone-chitosan nanofiber scaffolds, 2014. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 9, 995-1003.
3. Nerve guidance channel constructed by Schwann cell seeded aligned chitosan nanofiber, 2014. Journal of Neurochemistry, 130, SI, 1, 49, PO1-11.
4. Improving effects of chitosan nanofiber scaffolds on osteoblast proliferation and maturation, 2014. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 9, 4293-4304.
5. Direct-write, highly aligned chitosan-poly(ethylene oxide) nanofiber patterns for cell morphology and spreading control, 2013. Nanoscale Research Letters, 8, 97.
6. Functional 3-D cardiac co-culture model using bioactive chitosan nanofiber scaffolds, 2013. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 110, 2, 637-647.
7. Electrospun collagen-chitosan nanofiber: A biomimetic extracellular matrix for endothelial cell and smooth cell, 2010. Acta Biomaterialia, 6, 2, 372-382.
8. Chitosan nanofiber scaffold enhances hepatocyte adhesion and function. 2009. Biotechnology Letters, 31, 3, 347-352.
9. Chitosan nanofiber, 2006. Biomacromolecues, 7, 11, 3291-3294.
10. Biological evalution of chitosan nanofiber membrane for guided bone regeneration, 2005. Journal of Periodontology, 76, 10, 1778-1784.
Q. What does chitosan nanofiber products provide for cell and tissue analyses/studies?
A. As a material, chitosan is biodegradable and biocompatible polymer. The adhesion of cells to nanofiber surface is better than present cell cultures.
Q. Can chitosan nanofiber be functionalized for specific applications?
A. Yes. You may contact us to do it or you may apply functionalization agents by yourself.
This product is for Research&Development uses only. It is not intended for human or other uses.